Wonder

1 an emotion excited by what is unexpected, unfamiliar, or inexplicable, esp. surprise mingled with admiration or curiosity etc. 2 a strange or remarkable person or thing, specimen, event etc. 3 having marvellous or amazing properties etc. OED

Wednesday 25 February 2009

Soundmap




This is a soundmap of where I was sitting on a bench on the Bristol to Bath Railway Path overlooking Royate Hill Allotments.

I wrote down the sounds I could hear and mapped their distance in relation to me.

It was impossible to note down all the sounds particularly all the birds singing - there were just so many overlapping one another. I haven't managed to record in words and letters an accurate description of the bird song. There wasn't enough space on my page to map all the bicycle sounds and spoken words I heard passing just beside me.

But what this map does show is the density of movement and sound from both human and non-human activity in the area I chose to sit.




No comments:

Post a Comment