Wonder

1 an emotion excited by what is unexpected, unfamiliar, or inexplicable, esp. surprise mingled with admiration or curiosity etc. 2 a strange or remarkable person or thing, specimen, event etc. 3 having marvellous or amazing properties etc. OED

Thursday 13 May 2010

The Rhubarb I Fed

On a south facing slope
My head pointing down hill into the Rhubarb
Blood draining into my skull and the flesh in my cheeks
Taking a deep breath in through your pink and green stems - through my chest and my heart -
blowing on your vibrant green leaves that flap in the air
Breathing in your qualities - strength - nourishment - flexibilty
I breathe out - warmth and moisture - I breath in memories of taste - tart - the sensation of sharp prods to the cells on my tongue and gums - saliva seeping quickly into the wells below my teeth with each shot of acid
I breathe in the colour green - infused with light - the colour of vitality, life and living.

No comments:

Post a Comment